Some Times Thoreau's Words

I think of what Thoreau said about simplifying. Too many platforms, and then one tends to get too caught up in technical details, and never may get to the thing that mattered - which was the various attempts at art. No decisions have been made, other than the next novella has to be finished. It actually is finished, but all in cursive on loose leaf paper. I did have another micro story written in that way, but somehow it never got put up on this blog.

There may come a point where I have to organize my scribbling and music better under one roof, but for now, I'm leaving things as they are. This blog is still out here, and the idea, of course, is to keep updating with new material - lest it become a void of some sort (or perhaps worse). I intend to do this. I intend to do that. I flutter about. I don't believe in Astrology, but when I finally read about my sign, the Gemini, I even agreed with bad things they were saying about me.

I've spoken about time and the lack of it before. That still seems to be the case. But, in between the rest of it, I might look around for that micro-story that never made it to here. Or, it is possible that I could write something else.

Incidentally, I've now become aware of the idea of speech recognition voice to text programs. It still doesn't quite work well enough to replace a keyboard. Then, I thought, how backwards it seems to still be typing away in this day and age. We all should have microphones that take dictation while we continue on with our stories. It can almost work, if you do a little at a time, and aren't copying from an old fashioned pen and ink text you've just scribbled out to use as the framework for your story.

I seem to remember, but could be mistaken, that Henry James, in his later years dictated some of his stories. Of course, that wouldn't be quite the same as speaking directly into a computer.

Comments