Album from the Archive once called "Western Democracy"

This is one of my early, perhaps 2010 or thereabouts, albums that originally appeared on Jamendo. Good thing the Internet Archive managed to copy and save a lot of the albums of those of us that didn't know we might become nostalgic later on. This is (was?) called Western Democracy. It was done mainly with a small TASCAM two-track. In other words, one might record a track, and then overdub.

The first song has a lot of echo or reverb. I can't remember what program I used to get that effect - and I'm unsure if  I like it now or not. The second song is the title track. I like that one, as I did it in an unconventional way. I played a U-1 Danelectro electric guitar without the amp. So, it has a natural sound (I think) that hasn't been given too much tone or distortion by an amp. It is what I imagine (but could be wrong) playing through a very old, very clean, tube amp might be like. I do overdub leads on that one as well.

Then there are a group of acoustic folk political songs. I believe I put three of them together to make one take. Likely, the post-production for these songs was done on an early version of Cakewalk. That or Audacity, but I can't remember which.

There is one other song. It is called "Money Changers" which is political, but takes inspiration from religion.

Now that I've taken in the content of this album, it seems I must have made it a bit later than 2010 just by the references I put in the songs.

Comments