notes on e books and formatting for electronic text

Since this is the blog my Amazon readers might see, I thought I'd repeat some notes I made on my JY Media blog. Mainly, I discovered a problem with the formatting of two of my older books, especially regarding how the text was rendered on a Kindle Fire. I'm still not exactly sure why the Fire deals with the same input as the Kindle or Paper White in a different way, but it does. On the Nook side, the problem was not very noticeable either. Only the Kindle Fire stood out, and I apologize if anybody with a Fire bought either of those two books, and had to struggle to get it to present the text in a readable fashion.

Somehow, I was able to fix the problem. I think I know how, actually, but it would be too complicated to explain in this blog post, so I'll leave it at the problem seems to be fixed, and the text, as far as I can now tell, looks great - even in the Kindle Fire. Thank You.

Comments