Html5 Video and Audio attempts so far

So far, I've managed (as far as I can tell) to get both html5 simple audio and video player working for Chrome, Firefox (at least with the html5 extension), and Opera. The audio seems to play in some tablets and phones, but perhaps not others. The video will not work on a tablet or phone. Nothing works on Internet Explorer thus far.

I believe, especially in the case of IE, it is a matter of finding sort of the right codec, like maybe mp3/mp4 rather than anything else. I will be testing that theory within the next few days. And if I am wrong, I guess it is back to figuring out the problem with IE. But I'm pretty sure it is the file type.

Either way, even if only for Firefox, Chrome, and Opera users - I would like to get most of my audio and video creations up on this blog using this method. If only for the fun of it. I also have some ideas about using html5 for other things, but I'm far from being able to accomplish any of these more complex projects yet. Hopefully, I will at least be moving forward from here. See previous posts for what I've been able to accomplish so far. It isn't much, but I humbly submit my very simple attempts for those who may have an interest.

Comments