first attempt of html video hd (and other) tags

It seems like there could be a way to make videos play hd or not hd using html5 video. I would like to add more controls that allow the viewer to switch from hd to normal definition and back again. I would also like to explore the idea of adding more controls in general.This is my first attempt at discovering whether I can accomplish this or not.This is an episode of Sherlock Holmes via the Internet Archive. It is in the public domain.

I seem to lack the knowledge to connect the buttons to the player. Hmm...that is a critical step I'm missing, but if I gain that ability, I'll come back to this post.Until then, I have removed the buttons, but left the video up for any who come upon it and care to watch this episode of Sherlock Holmes

Comments